These delicious chocolate pops taste just like peanut butter cups but they're peanut free! Easy to make, they're grain free and gluten free.
Ok, lets start off by saying that these Chocolate Covered 'Peanut' Butter Pops contain NO peanuts. These are made with sunflower seed butter instead of peanut butter, and as many of you know sunflower seed butter tastes very similar to peanut butter.
They are easy to make and a fun treat to have around when kids want a little sweet snack. Although the sunflower seed mixture is not very sweet, it becomes just sweet enough when dipped in chocolate. I used a brand of chocolate chips called Enjoy Life Chocolate Chip and these contain no dairy, soy, nuts or gluten.
These Chocolate Covered "Peanut" Butter Pops are grain free, gluten free and peanut free. If you want to make them dairy free as well, simply substitute the butter for coconut oil.
Chocolate Covered "Peanut" Butter Pops
- 6 tablespoons blanched almond flour
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- pinch fine himalayan salt
- 1 ¼ tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ tablespoon full fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seed butter
- ⅓ cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil, melted
- In a large bowl, mix the almond flour, flaxseed meal, salt, butter, coconut milk, vanilla and sunflower seed butter until ingredients are combined. Do not over mix.
- Line an 8½” x 4½” medium loaf pan with parchment paper and pack the mixture across one edge of the pan to about 1.5-inches deep and 3.5-inches long. To fill the pan, triple the recipe.
- Place pan in the freezer until mixture is set, then cut into squares of about 1.5-inches and insert a stick halfway into each square. Keep pops frozen until ready to dip in chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a bowl over simmering water (double boiler) and dip each 'peanut' butter pop in the melted chocolate, one at the time.
Nutrition per serving
*This post may contain affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.