Making these healthy Apricot Coconut Lemon Energy Bars into bite size squares at home is super easy and takes less than 30 minutes. This recipe is Paleo, Gluten-free and Vegan, and contain no added sweeteners or sugars and are the perfect on-the-go snack.
Here is a great little snack you can take with you wherever you go. They are a delicious sweet treat made with dried apricots, shredded coconut, coconut butter and the rind of one lemon. So simple, easy and fast to make!
In case you are wondering what coconut butter is, it is simply dried shredded coconut processed until the oils are released and turns into a smooth, creamy paste, similar to peanut butter. You can easily make your own by processing the shredded coconut in your food processor or high speed blender until it turns into this creamy consistency. Coconut butter is also sold in stores, usually next to the other nut butters and here are two of my favorite brands:
Apricot Coconut Lemon Energy Bars
- Chop ½ cup of apricots into small pieces in food processor and place in a bowl.
- Add the other half of the apricots to the food processor and process into a creamy paste.
- Mix together the chopped apricots, apricot paste, shredded coconut, coconut butter, coconut oil and lemon zest. Mix all ingredients by hand until combined.
- Line a small or medium loaf pan with parchment paper and pat the mixture onto the bottom of the pan to approximately ½-inch thickness. I used an 8½” x 4½”-inch medium loaf pan, and this recipe only covered approximately ¾ of the pan.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour and cut into 1- inch squares.