For this holiday season, here is a super simple and quick pumpkin bread recipe that will be the first to fly off your table.
Pumpkin is an awesome ingredient to use for baking. It gives breads like this a super moist and soft texture and a great flavor. This pumpkin marble loaf is no different and is full of pumpkin and chocolate flavor. What really sets this recipe apart, is that it is made with no processed ingredients and is free of grains, gluten, soy and dairy, for those of you that have food allergies. In place of wheat flour, I used almond flour along with a raw, unsweetened cocoa powder, organic flaxseed meal, coconut oil and raw honey. For the pumpkin puree, you can certainly roast your own pumpkin and puree it yourself, but I used an organic brand by Pacific Natural Foods which is sold in BPA-free cartons and tastes amazing.
I would also like to tell you about a new brand of coconut oil and flaxseed meal I used in this recipe. Barlean's is an amazing brand that sells natural and organic products. They recently sent me their flaxseed meal and coconut oil to try and I must say that their product is now one of my top favorite brands for coconut oil and flaxseed. Their coconut oil truly has an amazing taste and I can easily take spoonfuls of it. No exaggerations here, it really is that good! Their flaxseed meal has a nutty taste and is perfect for baking or sprinkling on top of smoothies, yogurt or fruits. So, I wanted to give a special thanks to Barlean's for providing us with their delicious, wholesome line of products.
Paleo Marble Pumpkin Chocolate Bread(gluten, grain, dairy free)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream*
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup raw honey
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup pecans
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- handful chocolate chunks
- in a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, coconut cream, coconut oil, eggs, vanilla and honey
- in a separate bowl, mix the almond flour, baking soda, salt, flaxseed meal and cinnamon
- chop the pecans in a food processor and mix with the almond flour mixture
- using a rubber spatula, gently mix dry ingredients into wet to form a batter. Do not over mix. The batter will be thick.
- remove two cups of the batter and pour the remaining batter in an 8½ x 4½-inch medium loaf pan greased or lined with parchment paper
- take one cup of reserved batter and mix in the cacao powder. Evenly spread on top of the batter in the pan
- top chocolate batter layer with the remaining one cup of reserved batter and using a knife gently swirl the layers of batter together. Do not over swirl or it will become all chocolate.
- sprinkle chocolate chunks on top and bake at 350°F until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, approximately 40 minutes