You will love this easy recipe for Mango Coconut Sorbet! This sorbet is a refreshing summertime treat that is smooth, light and full of mango flavor. Quick and simple to make because all you need is a blender or food processor to mix the ingredients and then freeze it in your ice cream/sorbet maker (below is the exact one I used). The sorbet is delicious as is and also great accompanied with slices of fresh mango, raspberries and fresh mint leaves.
In case you are wondering why I added arrowroot powder in this recipe, it is because the arrowroot helps prevent ice crystals from forming and keeps the sorbet from turning hard as a rock in the freezer. Also, the kind of mango that you use to make this recipe will affect the flavor of the sorbet. I used fresh rapoza mango because they are my favorite and it is season here in Hawaii, but you can use any kind you like, even frozen mangos. ENJOY!
Summertime Mango Coconut Sorbet Recipe
- 2 cups of mango
- 1 can, 13.5oz full fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons raw coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- puree mango in a food processor
- add the coconut milk, lime juice, coconut palm sugar and arrowroot powder and pulse to combine ingredients
- freeze the mixture in your ice cream maker and serve
Recipe makes 1 quart. Store in an airtight container in the freezer.