You will love this easy recipe for Mango Coconut Sorbet! This sorbet is a refreshing summertime treat that is smooth, light and full of mango flavor. Quick and simple to make because all you need is a blender or food processor to mix the ingredients and then freeze it in your ice cream/sorbet maker (below is the exact one I used). The sorbet is delicious as is and also great accompanied with slices of fresh mango, raspberries and fresh mint leaves.
In case you are wondering why I added arrowroot powder in this recipe, it is because the arrowroot helps prevent ice crystals from forming and keeps the sorbet from turning hard as a rock in the freezer. Also, the kind of mango that you use to make this recipe will affect the flavor of the sorbet. I used fresh rapoza mango because they are my favorite and it is season here in Hawaii, but you can use any kind you like, even frozen mangos. ENJOY!
- 2 cups of mango
- 1 can (13.5oz) full fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons raw coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- puree mango in a food processor
- add the coconut milk, lime juice, coconut palm sugar and arrowroot powder and pulse to combine ingredients
- freeze the mixture in your ice cream maker and serve
Recipe makes 1 quart. Store in an airtight container in the freezer.