Do you love blueberries and also love cheesecake? Then you will love this raw blueberry cheesecake recipe! I call this a raw cheesecake because it does not need to be baked and is made with raw cashews instead of cream cheese. I guess technically it should not be called a cheesecake, but when you try it you will agree with me that it tastes just like a typical cheesecake made with cream cheese.
The crust also does not need to be baked and is made of simply 3 ingredients: almonds, pecans and dates. I used Medjool dates because they are soft and easily processed into a creamy paste. You could use any type of dates and if you find that the dates you chose are hard to blend, soak them in water for a couple of hours first. The key is to use approximately ½ cup of dates to form the crust of this cheesecake.
The blueberry sauce complements this cheesecake perfectly and it has no added sugars or sweeteners. All I used to make it was frozen blueberries, water and a teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice. You can certainly use fresh blueberries if you have them.
This recipe makes 10 mini blueberry cheesecakes and I made them in a mini cheesecake pan because I think this dessert comes out gorgeous as mini individual servings. If you don’t have this type of pan you can also use a square or round dish and adjust the recipe to fit the size of the pan you are using.
Raw, No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake
- 2 cups blueberries, I used frozen
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a food processor, chop almonds and pecans, one at a time. Place chopped nuts together in a bowl.
- Remove pit from dates and process in the food processor until creamy. Combine date paste and nut mixture together.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the mixture to each individual cavity in the cheesecake pan and press down to form a flat crust.
- Process the cashews and coconut oil in the food processor until creamy like peanut butter. Place the mixture in a large bowl and mix in the yogurt, lemon juice, honey and salt. Pour mixture on top of crust and freeze overnight.
- Bring the blueberries, water and lemon juice to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low.
Mash the blueberries with a fork and simmer for about 30 minutes to reduce the mixture. Let cool, drizzle sauce over cheesecake and serve.
- Store cheesecake in the freezer and any leftover blueberry sauce in the fridge to preserve.
Recipe makes 10 mini Blueberry Cheesecake pies
To make the Raw Mini Blueberry Cheesecake I used these awesome removable bottom mini cheesecake pan: