These primal cheesecake bites are so delicious and they are my husbands favorite treat.
This will melt/soften quickly, so do not leave it out of the freezer ahead of consuming. Just take out what you are eating immediately.
For this recipe I used this silicon mold but you could also use a lined baking pan with parchment paper if you don't have the silicone mold.
Paleo Mini Cheesecake Bites
- Toast ¼ cup coconut on a pan at 400ºF for 5-6 minutes or until just golden.
- Remove and cool.
- In a mixing bowl, whip the soft cream cheese with a rubber spatula.
- Add both the toasted and untoasted coconut and the chopped almonds. Stir well.
- Add the salt, coconut flour, raw honey and vanilla extract.
- Add the coconut oil last.
- Beat the mixture well to make your best attempt to incorporate the oil into the mixture.
- Fill the bottom of the silicone mold with the melted chocolate
- Place in freezer for about 20 minutes
- remove from freezer and add the cheesecake filling on top of the chocolate
- place it back in the freezer and once hardened remove cheesecake bites from the silicone mold