Made with juicy sweet blueberries and topped with a hot lemon and honey glaze, this bread is tender, moist and amazingly delicious. The glaze is infused into the bread just as it comes out of the oven giving it a nice citrus flavor and that soft texture. As with everything I make, this recipe contains no grains or processed ingredients and it is perfect to enjoy at any time of the day.
Paleo Blueberry Bread With Lemon Glaze
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon raw honey
- in a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, baking soda and salt
- in a separate bowl whisk the coconut milk with the eggs, honey, vanilla, coconut oil and lemon zest, then add the fresh blueberries
- using a rubber spatula, gently mix wet and dry ingredients to form a batter being careful not to over mix or the batter will get oily and dense.
- spoon the batter into an 8½” x 4½” medium loaf pan lined with parchment paper
- bake at 350°F until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, approximately 40 minutes
- poke a few small holes across the top of the bread with a toothpick and brush on the lemon glaze
- set the pan over a wire rack to cool.
- whisk together the fresh lemon juice and honey
Serves 10+ people. Keep refrigerated.