If you’ve been on the hunt for a healthy banana bread recipe you should give my recipe a try. With an incredible moist and soft texture, and loads of banana flavor you’re going to love it.
What makes my recipe healthy is the fact that it’s made without inflammatory wheat, gluten or grain flours, and it also contains no refined sugars or dairy.
And what makes it so special is the fact that even though this banana bread is made without using traditional ingredients, it still has that same amazing flavor and texture. And it’s so easy to make!
The sweetness comes mostly from the bananas. So the more ripe your bananas are, the sweeter your bread will be. But even then, this bread is not super sweet which is something I personally love about it.
In my opinion, this banana bread is so good that it can even be served for dessert topped with some ice cream. In the video I posted, you can see how I topped a slice with my homemade Butter Pecan Caramel Ice Cream. It’s so good!
I hope you try this recipe soon and you love it as much as I do. And be sure to watch my video above for more tips, and step by step instructions.
Looking forward to hearing your feedback, questions and comments, and seeing your photos after you make this. So please post them below.
Paleo Banana Bread (grain/gluten/dairy-free)
- 2 1/2 cups (285g) blanched almond flour
- 1 tablespoon (7g) arrowroot powder
- 1/3 cup (39g) golden flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine himalayan salt
- 1/3 cup (75g) coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup (79g) full-fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup (48g) unrefined coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (400g) banana, mashed (about 6 small bananas)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and line an 8x4-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together with a spatula the almond flour, arrowroot powder, flaxseed meal, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, coconut milk, coconut sugar, eggs, and mashed banana.
- Using your spatula, mix the wet and dry ingredients together. Mix just until combined being careful to not over mix the batter.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes over a cooling rack before serving. Store in the fridge in an airtight container.