Homemade Nutella swirled on the top of a delicious bananas muffin that is gluten free and a healthy snack for my pre-workout…
Nutella Swirl Banana Muffin
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and line a muffin tin with baking cups.
- Mix together the blanched almond flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas using a fork, then mix in the honey, egg, coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently mix together the wet and dry ingredients.
- Fold chopped pecans into the batter.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each ¾ full.
- Add a teaspoon of homemade nutella on top of each muffin, and using a tooth pick or knife, swirl the nutella around.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 15-17 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
Apple bananas enhances the flavor of these muffins, so make sure to use it if you can find it for sale at your local stores.
Yields: 6 muffins