I am a huge fan of hazelnuts, especially when it is mixed with chocolate!
This recipe consists of a fine homemade chocolate made of cacao butter and raw cacao powder, sweetened with raw, unheated honey, and pure vanilla extract from Madagascar.
The hazelnut cream filling adds a smooth creamy finish to the chocolate that truly melts in your mouth. I am using my homemade hazelnut butter recipe which contains just 1 ingredient and it so easy to make.
Use chocolate hazelnut spread instead
What if you wanted to fill your chocolate with a chocolate hazelnut spread instead? I would tell you you should!!! 🙂
Using a chocolate hazelnut cream instead gives these chocolates an even more intense chocolate flavor which is perfect for us chocolate lovers!
This is exactly what a reader (bocadostudio) did and she sent me this photo. Are you drooling like me just by looking at this photo!? She’s a photographer and she was really able to give this chocolate recipe justice through her lens.
I have 2 Chocolate Hazelnut Spread recipes for you to try at home:
Melt-in-the-mouth Hazelnut Cream Filled Chocolate
- Melt the cacao butter in a double boiler.
- Once the cacao butter is melted, mix in the cacao powder using a spatula.
- Add the vanilla and honey and stir until all is combined.
- Remove from double boiler and fill your chocolate mold half way, brushing also the sides of the mold.
- Freeze for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and cover the chocolate with about a 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoons of hazelnut butter.
- Place it back in the freezer for another 15 minutes. Once all is hardened add the remaining chocolate on top of the hazelnut cream.
- Place it back in the freezer. Keep frozen or in the fridge.