When I mix the ingredients for these cookies I thought I was a little crazy and I was going to end up with anything but a cookie. To my surprise they turned out amazing! Light, airy, crunchy and crispy with a hint of almond and chocolate… Perfect for a healthy snack and I bet kids will love them!
They are 100% grain free, gluten free, egg free and with no added sugar …High in protein and healthy fats from the butter and coconut milk.
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together blanched almond flour and arrowroot powder.
- Melt chocolate chips in a bowl over simmering water (double boiler).
- Mix the butter, vanilla extract and coconut milk with the melted chocolate until smooth.
- Fold in lightly and evenly the almond flour mixture with the chocolate to make a soft biscuit dough.
- Spoon the dough into a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle. Alternatively, you can use a ziploc bag and make a small cut on the corner of the bag.
- Pipe 15 cookies (about 2.5 inches each) onto the baking sheet
- Top each cookie with an almond in the center.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cookies are firm and starting to turn brown.
- Cool for about 10 minutes on the baking sheet, then lift carefully onto a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Here is the cake decorating set I used on this recipe. I used tip #32 to make these cookies: