Dairy free, egg free, refine sugar free Coconut Vanilla Ice Cream with homemade coconut milk.
I made the Chocolate Torte you see in the picture for a friend’s birthday party and to go along with it I made this delicious coconut ice cream. It was the perfect combination and I will definitely make this again soon.
Coconut Vanilla Ice Cream (Dairy free, Egg Free)
- to extract the fat from the coconut, gently boil the water in a sauce pan
- add the shredded coconut and water along to a blender and bled for a couple of minutes
- strain the coconut milk using a cheesecloth into a bowl
- take about 1/3 cup of the coconut left in the cheesecloth and add it to the coconut milk in the bowl and mix in the honey and vanilla extract. Do not discard the remaining coconut, you can use it in smoothies for example.
- let it cool a bit and place it in the fridge overnight
- remove from fridge, blend in blender for a couple of minutes and add the mixture to your ice cream maker and serve
Makes 1 quarts