If you missed yesterday’s post, you will definitely want to check it out so you can make these Strawberries-Chocolate Bites. These tempting chocolate cookies are filled with my Truly Sugar-free Strawberry Jam. The cookies themselves are very delicious. They are made very thin so that they have a crunchy and light consistency, almost like a wafer cookie. We all can agree that chocolate and strawberries together is an irresistible combination, so here is another great way to enjoy this amazing blend!
Chocolate-Strawberry Bites (gluten, grain, dairy free, paleo)
- mix the almond flour and arrowroot in a bowl
- melt a 1/4 cup of the chocolate chips in a double boiler and reserve the remaining 1/4 cup
- once the chocolate is melted remove from the stove and stir in the coconut oil and vanilla until smooth
- gently mix in the flour mixture to form a dough and refrigerate for 30 minutes
- roll the chilled dough in between 2 sheets of parchment paper to 1/8 to 1/4 inch thickness
- cut cookies with a cookie cutter and place them on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- bake at 325°F for approximately 15 minutes or until the edges and bottom start to darken
- allow cookies to cool on a wire rack
- add 2 teaspoons of strawberry jam to the center of 9 cookies. Top with the remaining 9 cookies and press down to spread jam between the two cookies
- melt the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and the cacao butter in a double boiler and gently spread the icing over the top of each cookie
- keep refrigerated in an airtight container. Makes 9 2-inch cookie bites.
Here is a great video showing how to roll out thin cookie dough:
Recipe inspired by Better Homes