This recipe for Chocolate Raspberry Panna Cotta is a fabulous dessert to finish off a great meal. It is light, chocolaty and simply amazing served along with fresh raspberries. It is a very easy recipe to make and only takes about 5 minutes to prepare.
Panna cotta is an Italian dessert that is traditionally served cold along with berries and made with an eggless custard by simmering together milk, cream and sugar. Gelatin is also added to help the chocolate custard set when cooled.
They are shaped by using custard cups and chill until firm. When it is time to serve they can be effortlessly unmolded from the ramekins into a plate.
Chocolate Raspberry Panna Cotta (Dairy Free, Paleo)
- 2 tablespoons raw almonds
- ⅓ cup hot water
- if you are going to use freshly made almond milk like I did, blend the raw almonds and water in a blender, then strain the milk with a fine mesh strainer into a medium saucepan
- sprinkle milk with the gelatin and let it sit for 5 minutes, then heat it over medium heat until gelatin dissolves completely. Do not boil the mixture.
- mix in the coconut milk, coconut palm sugar, chocolate chips and salt. Stir constantly until the sugar has dissolved and the chocolate has melted.
- remove from heat and mix in the vanilla extract
- let it cool slightly and pour mixture into an 8 ounce ramekin
- refrigerate until firm, approximately 2-4 hours
- to serve, dip the ramekin into bowl of hot water for about 30 seconds, then invert onto serving plate, shaking ramekin gently if necessary to remove