This Moist Chocolate Pumpkin Bread with all those melty chocolate chunks, a super soft texture, and a fall inspired pumpkin and cinnamon flavor will be a hit in your home this holiday season. And you can keep your secret that this recipe is gluten, grain and dairy free because it tastes amazing.
Pumpkin is everywhere this time of year and it reminds me of my mom back in Brazil as I was growing up making me Pumpkin soup, which is my favorite soup. I love Pumpkin, and it’s also an awesome ingredient to use for baking because it gives baked goods a great flavor, and a super moist and soft texture.
So the Chocolate Pumpkin Bread we are making today has a lovely tender crumb, we’re spicing it up with a dash of cinnamon, and making it an over-the-top dessert by adding chocolate chunks to the chocolate batter.
This bread is not very sweet which is why I call it a bread and not a cake. A dash of cinnamon adds the perfect spice that complements the pumpkin flavor well.
And to keep the recipe easier and faster to make, I’m using organic, boxed pumpkin puree. The ingredient is just pumpkin so if you like you can make your own pumpkin puree at home using fresh pumpkins, or you can also use pumpkin puree sold in cans.
I know you'll really like this recipe. It makes a great gift for the holidays!
Wanna get inspired with more pumpkin recipes? Check out these other favorite recipes and share them with everyone!
🎥 Watch the recipe video
Moist Chocolate Pumpkin Bread (Paleo, Gluten-free, Low-carb)
- 1 cup (230g) pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons (41g) full-fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons (34g) coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup (100g) raw honey, or maple syrup
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (228g) blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons (12g) golden flaxseed meal
- ¼ cup (20g) raw cacao powder
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon fine Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup (62g) pecans, coarsely chopped (optional*)
- ⅔ cup (120g) 70% dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8x4-inch loaf pan with coconut oil and line it with parchment paper.
- Using a whisk, whisk together the wet ingredients in a large bowl: pumpkin puree, coconut milk, coconut oil, honey, eggs, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients with a spatula until there are no more lumps: almond flour, flaxseed meal, cacao powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Then stir in the pecans.
- With your spatula, gently mix dry ingredients into wet to form a batter. Do not over mix. The batter will be thick. Fold the chopped chocolate into the batter reserving a few chunks to decorate the top of the bread. Pour the batter in the pan, and sprinkle chocolate chunks on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes uncovered, then cover with aluminum foil to prevent the top from burning and bake for an additional 20 minutes. Baking time may vary depending on your oven and the pan you use, so bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, approximately 50 minutes total.