Banana Poppy Seed Cake with White Chocolate Vanilla Bean Frosting • Paleo, grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free.
Here is a new way to use those extra bananas you have lying around and turn them into a delicious, soft and moist cake. Adding some poppy seeds, gives the cake a great crunch and some texture.
This recipe is made free of refined sugars or flour and is topped with a dairy free, creamy white chocolate frosting.
Banana Poppy Seed Cake with White Chocolate Vanilla Bean Frosting
- in a large bowl mix the almond flour, flaxseed meal, tapioca flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, poppy seeds and salt
- place the banana, coconut milk, coconut oil, eggs and vanilla extract in a food processor and process until everything is combined
- using a rubber spatula, mix dry and wet ingredients together to form a batter. Do not over mix.
- line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper, covering all 4 sides then pour the mixture evenly in the pan
- bake at 350°F until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, approximately 30 minutes
- set pan on a wire rack and allow cake to cool
White Chocolate Vanilla Bean Frosting:
- process all frosting ingredients in a food processor, except for the water (or milk), until creamy and smooth
- add water or milk, 1 tablespoons at the time, until the desired consistency is achieved
- spread icing evenly over the cake
Recipe serves 10+ people.