There are only 3 ingredients needed to make this delicious treat: coconut butter, sunflower seed butter and dark chocolate chips. Can it be any easier than that?
For this recipe I made my own coconut butter because it is super simple and a lot cheaper. All you need is unsweetened shredded coconut and a food processor or high speed blender. As you process the shredded coconut, the oils release and within a few minutes it becomes creamy and smooth. I could have done the same thing with raw sunflower seeds, but I opted to use the butter already made in jars because it takes a long time to turn the seeds into a buttery consistency. The sunflower seed butter gives this treat a delicious peanut buttery flavor.
Note that if you choose to use already made coconut butter like the one on the link below, you will need to melt it first by placing the jar in a bowl of hot water. Also feel free to add a little sweetener like raw honey, stevia or maple sugar if you wish.
"Peanut Butter" Chocolate Swirl Bark
- in a large bowl mix together the coconut butter and sunflower seed butter
- pour mixture evenly across the bottom of a 9 x 5-inch silicone loaf pan
- melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler
- drop dollops of the melted chocolate onto mixture in pan, then swirl with a knife
- freeze until hardened then break into pieces. Keep frozen.